Monday, March 14, 2011

First and Formost

Hello My Friends,

I am sorry this has taken soo long to get up and running. I am all over the place trying to move across the world, trying to start school, trying to set up internet in this country is like pulling teeth! To say the least I have ran into some minor bumps. Yet here I am ready to rock and show you what I have seen thus far on my trip! Also just to point out, I am a Graphic Designer attending school in Brisbane Australia, and that is also the reason why my spelling is not perfect! We got here early Monday morning on the 7th of Feb.! Right away started the climb up the Range, or as we would call it the mountain! We were off to Toowoomba to spend our first week getting organized.


Once we made it up the mountain we took it pretty easy for the first week saw couple old historic Buildings, that were not effected by the floods, which was really great because they are beautiful! 


After we spent a solid week catching up on sleep, relaxing by the pool and hanging out with my new friend Spencer's family, we realized Aussie has something that we only hear about in the movies and back in the day, Ice Cream trucks. Heck ya!! They show up everyday and sell you boxes of ice cream, mind you, you need it when it's about 35 out everyday. 


Once we had caught up on our sleep, we were headed to the city to find a home for Spencer, Danielle and myself(Danielle who is not flying in till the 18th of March). So Spencer and I decided to take another first time experience and make the best of it. We were going to stay in a Hostel for a week :). The Hostel was great, met lots of great people who we are still hanging out with a lot, and we like to call ourselves the UN when we go out together because we are all from different parts of the world. It's great I am not only getting to know Aussies, but other cultures as well. 


After we went apt. hunting and figured we had landed the one we wanted, we just had to sit and wait. So to pass the time we decided to go to the Lone Pine Kola Sanctuary. Where of course I got to hold a Kola and feed and Kangaroo. Both kinda scary experiences, yet very exciting and fun! I had the biggest smile on my face all day like a 5 year old child! It was great!


After our week at the Hostel we ventured back up the range to Toowoomba, For James and Jen's Engagement party (Spencer's Cousins) For the weekend. It was a great party and Spencer's family is great, they have helped us out so much and also shown us a good time :) Prime Example of the fun we have been having with the family, Rhi has loved to bring us out on the town and show us a good time. 


Then was the big day, Moving Day! We got to move in our new crib! It's great and big and perfect for the three of us! It's on a quite little street that has a dead end to a park, so not a lot of traffic, and it's really safe. There is a father and son who live upstairs, which also makes us feel a lot safer!









No comments:

Post a Comment